If you are planning to establish a small sized online business, then you first need to evaluate the level of hosting services and requirements and thereby select a hosting company and package that would function as an impetus for the future growth of your website. By following a few basic tips and guidelines, you are sure to find a hosting package that is best suited for your small business web hosting needs:
• The first thing to keep in mind is the level and quality of customer support offered by the company. A professional and reliable host would offer 24/7 customer support and should be able address any kind of queries or technical issues promptly. So even if your website is experiencing a downtime, you would be informed in advance and have an idea of the turnaround time to get it online again. Also, the support should preferably be live, phone as well as feature a ticket support.
• It is a good idea to perform a price comparison between different web hosts and choose a provider that offers best value for money. Most hosting providers offer various value-added features and hosting tools in order to enrich hosting experience. It is important to also detect any kind of hidden costs associated with the hosting packages. Read the Service Agreement in its entirety in order to avoid any future complications.
• A small online business should have sufficient amount of bandwidth and disk space to start with. The host should allow a simple upgrade to the hosting account, in case your website requirements grow. Also look for unlimited domains and unlimited email accounts. These are highly utilizable to the web master who is wanting to establish a small business online.
• Other features and tools to consider include unlimited FTP accounts, PHP support, unlimited domains, unlimited sub-domains, Fantastico as well as 24 hour support.
• Ensure that the company has a reliable record and relatively positive and unbiased customer reviews. A fair amount of research and analysis would go into the entire process of web host searching and with fair amount of knowledge and industry news; you would be able to make a well-informed decision. A host that offers ample room for the growth of your online small business and an easy to use interface would be a perfect choice to begin with.
Originally posted 2011-11-14 20:20:51.